dimanche 19 octobre 2014

Day 21 (The 100 #2) de Kass Morgan


Titre : Day 21
Titre Saga : Day 21
Auteur : Kass Morgan
Maison d'éditions : Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Genre : Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopie


Résumé : 

No one has set foot on Earth in centuries -- until now. It's been 21 days since the hundred landed on Earth. They're the only humans to set foot on the planet in centuries...or so they thought. Facing an unknown enemy, Wells attempts to keep the group together. Clarke strikes out for Mount Weather, in search of other Colonists, while Bellamy is determined to rescue his sister, no matter the cost. And back on the ship, Glass faces an unthinkable choice between the love of her life and life itself.
In this pulse-pounding sequel to Kass Morgan's The 100, secrets are revealed, beliefs are challenged, and relationships are tested. And the hundred will struggle to survive the only way they can -- together.

Chronique :

J'étais vraiment impatiente de lire cette suite. Quand j'ai vu qu'il était sur ​​NetGalley, j'étais tellement excitée de le lire qu'il n'est pas resté longtemps dans ma PAL.
Entre les deux livres, j'ai regardé la série télé que j'ai adoré! J'espère vraiment que Clarke et Bellamy vont se mettre ensemble dans la série! Il y a pas mal de différences entre le livre et la série télévisée et j'avais un peu peur de me mélanger entre les deux.
Nous avons toujours les quatre points de vue différents: Clarke, Bellamy, Glass et Wells. Clarke et Bellamy sont mes favoris et leurs points de vue étaient vraiment super. Ensuite, je pense que c'est bien d'avoir le point de vue de quelqu'un encore dans l'espace, mais je pense que Glass ne sert pas à grand chose. Ensuite, je n'aime pas du tout Wells et son histoire m'a ennuyé. De plus le livre est vraiment court et le fait d'avoir quatre points de vue différents donne l'impression que pas grand chose ne se passe. Je pense que ce serait mieux si les livres étaient plus longs ou alors avec moins de points de vues !
Nos personnages doivent également faire face à leurs secrets et ses conséquences. Clarke et Glass vont notamment révéler leurs secrets et la réaction de leurs proches est assez violente. Mais à ma grande surprise, ils ont vraiment été trop rapides pour pardonner. Cela ne m'a paru pas du tout réaliste. Une minute ils sont hors d'eux et l'autre minute c'est la femme de leur vie alors qu'entre temps ils n'ont rien réglé entre eux. Même si j'aime vraiment Bellamy et Clarke ensemble, j'ai trouvé leurs sentiments mal construits. C'en était trop, trop vite! 
Quant à l'histoire elle-même, nous allons rencontrer les gens de la terre et apprendre leur histoire et la vérité sur ce qui s'est passé. Le rythme est rapide et c'était sympas à lire.

En conclusion, cette suite était bien et rapide à lire mais pas du tout mémorable. Il n'y avait pas assez de développement des personnages et les quatre points de vue sont vraiment trop.




Review : 
I was really looking forward to read this sequel. When I saw it was on NetGalley I was so excited to read it and it did not stay in my TBR pile for long !
In between the two books, I watched the TV show which I loved ! I wish Bellamy and Clarke would get together in the show ! There are a lot of differences between the book and the tv show so I was a little scared of getting confused between the two when I started reading. 
We still have the four different points of view : Clarke, Bellamy, Glass and Wells. Clarke and Bellamy are my favorites and their points of view were really great. Then I think it's nice to have the point of view from someone still in space, but I think Glass is quite irrelevant. Then I don't like Wells either so his story was not interesting for me. Besides the book is really short and having four different views of the story made me feel like not a lot happened. I wish that maybe the books would be longer or with fewer points of view ! 
Our characters also have to deal with their secrets and their consequences. Clarke and Glass will reveal some pretty big secret to someone they love and as expected their reactions were pretty violent. But then to my surprise they were really too quick to forgive. It did not seem realistic at all. Even though I really love Bellamy and Clarke together, I felt like their feelings were not well built. It was too much, too quick ! 
As for the story itself, we get to meet the people from earth and learn their story and the truth about what happened. It was fast paced and entertaining and I really like it.

Overall, this sequel was good and fast paced but not memorable. There was not enough characters development and the four points of view are really too much for me considering how short the book is. 
I gave this book 4 stars because I like how strong and bad ass Clarke and Bellamy are and I am looking forward to see what happens next for them !






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire